A few quick facts about Jen:
- Grew up in the Illinois countryside.
- Had a passion for art and learning for as long as I can remember.
- Moved to New York City ASAP, or, rather, after graduating college in Indiana and saving enough money to survive.
- Moved to San Diego without visiting first.
- Super tall (seriously).
- Loves magazines.
- Hates cold weather.
- (Also loves parentheses and exclamation points!)
Why I may be a good fit for your business:
- Fresh marketing perspective from current MBA education, improving clients’ marketing, and many years of researching, implementing, and testing marketing for my own business.
- I love learning! Learning about businesses, how they work, and how to improve them is simply fascinating to me.
- Resourceful creative director with 10+ years of expertise in designing and developing publications.
- Five years of solo entrepreneur experience including online marketing (websites, blogging, email marketing, social media marketing, photography, copywriting), off-line marketing (events, B2B networking and promotion, printed marketing materials) and other day-to-day business tasks of every employee at a company.
- Able to creatively manage projects within strict deadlines and budgets.
- Reputation for a strong work ethic and getting the job done.
Don’t just take my word for it… What clients and colleagues have said about Jen:
“Jen is first on my list to bring on for all projects, especially projects related to digital marketing. She is solid in marketing tech, an excellent writer, a quick learner and pro-active in learning new technologies and new industries. Jen brings emotional intelligence, deep work concepts, analytical and creative skills to every project. Jen’s talent entwines past experience as an art director and forward-thinking business acumen into a package that is unbeatable.” – Mary Stovall, marketing director while at KCD PR
“Not only is she a hard worker and very efficient, but she’s the type of employee who anticipates needs and issues and addresses them up front — very helpful in the publishing business.” – Don Cuppett, worked together at Supermarket News
“Jen is a pleasure to work with. She is very detail-oriented and always helps find solutions to every day challenges. Her work ethic is amazing and she always came through on projects even when we had tight timelines. In addition to her graphic design skills, Jen further developed her photography skills, with both product and animal lifestyle shots. Jen is a great team player and would be an asset for any creative team.” – Cat Ellis, creative director when at Petco
“I have worked with Jen for nearly eight years, and I wholeheartedly recommend her, both for design services and photography. She is creative and self-directed; she can take a vaguely defined idea and run with it, turning it into exactly what we want and more. She is also friendly, helpful, efficient, and extremely reliable. Working with her, my team at Hotel F&B never missed a deadline. Jen is a delight to work with and someone I know I can always depend on.” – Angela Malcolm Stucker, VP while at Hotel F&B
Visit LinkedIn to see more recommendations.
Thanks to San Diego Voyager for listing me as a San Diego influencer!
Clients and Jobs:
(Visit LinkedIn to see specific duty details)
Jen Bergren Marketing & Creative Services
Clients including Challenged Athletes Foundation, Tosso.com, Petco, KCD PR, Hotel F&B magazine, BrindleBerry Pet Photography, Antiques at the Village, Linda Michaels – Del Mar Dog Training, and more.
Chief Martech Officer – Platinum-certified HubSpot technical marketing agency experiencing rapid growth
Senior HubSpot Marketing Consultant – Project management, client communication, hiring and managing interns, troubleshooting HubSpot issues, and more.
KCD PR – California’s top financial services and technology public relations and marketing agency
Research Coordinator – Managed the agency’s marketing and supported several clients for 10 months.
Fetchlight – Pet photography, art & marketing business
Business owner, Creative Director, Photographer for five years.
Hotel F&B magazine – B2B bi-monthly food and hospitality magazine
Design and production director for eight years.
PETCO – National pet supply retailer
Advertising graphic designer for two years.
Supermarket News magazine – Weekly B2B magazine
Assistant art director for three years in New York.
Rock Island Auction Company
Graphic designer for two years.
Indianapolis Woman magazine
Art department intern for one college semester
Art department intern for one summer in New York
Indiana Daily Student newspaper
Advertising designer and page designer
Montclair State University; MBA in Digital Marketing, in progress
Indiana University; B.A. in Studio Art: Graphic Design, Certificate in Journalism, Minor in Art History
UCSD Photography certificate
Hubspot certifications: Inbound Marketing, Marketing Software, Design, Email Marketing, Content Marketing, Partner Agency certification.
Shaw Academy Digital Marketing Diploma
Shaw Academy Social Media Marketing and Online Reputation Management Diploma
Passport Pet Photography 3-day workshop
Working with Dog Pet Business Profit 3-month Bootcamp
About the tagline, “Innovative ideas. Stylish solutions.”
Created after taking Sally Hogshead’s Fascination Advantage quiz and reading her How to Fascinate book (recommended!)